Northwest Texas Healthcare System
Northwest kid's Hospital of Northwest Tx Healthcare program offers significantly more than 40 pediatric subspecialties and functions as the Texas Panhandle's main doctor for children. Every person in our staff works to assist kids and their loved ones feel as close to residence as you possibly can in every of your 29 roomy, personal inpatient areas.
Alliance Local Wellness System Member
Our basic pediatrics device is commonly respected because of its modern medical solutions and higher level technology regularly treat children of all ages who possess a lot of different health dilemmas. A medical facility is a component of the Alliance Regional Health system, and that means you and your child usually takes benefit of the expertise of almost 50 pediatricians and experts for the network. Some of their specialties include:
- Hematology and Oncology
- Infectious Condition
A pediatric hospitalist is a hospital-based physician just who might provide health care bills if your kid has actually a disease or damage that needs inpatient treatment. Pediatric hospitalists at Northwest kid's Hospital maintain children who've a wide range of illnesses and health requirements including:
- Acute infectious conditions associated with bloodstream, epidermis, lungs and kidneys
- Breathing diseases like pneumonia and croup
- Problems with persistent ailments including diabetes and asthma
- Typical pediatric conditions including influenza and dehydration
- Recovery from accidents or surgeries
If your youngster departs a medical facility, a pediatric hospitalist will offer your pediatrician with a synopsis of child’s hospital stay and detailed directions for any needed additional care.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Our amount III NICU treats infants who will be as early as 23 days gestational age, and is designed to offer maintain infants with a variety of breathing and infectious conditions. Our staff includes neonatologists, registered nurses, respiratory therapists, occupational and physical practitioners, social employees and breastfeeding experts, all specifically trained to use infants inside NICU. Your baby's attention group will coordinate any needed consultations with other professionals, including ophthalmologists, surgeons and pulmonologists.
Pediatric Intensive Care Device
The Pediatric Intensive Care device at Northwest kids Hospital provides care for kids at the most crucial part of their particular lives. Our 12-bed unit has:
- Highly-skilled staff being certified in pediatric higher level life-support
- Three pediatric intensivists
- Actual, work-related and message therapists
- Pediatric dietary professionals
Ronald McDonald Family Area
The Ronald McDonald family area includes laundry and bath facilities, a collection and a cooking area for groups of children who're clients within the Pediatrics device or Intensive Care devices (ICU). This is certainly an unique feature for people who require a taste of house but do not would you like to leave their child.
Services and products for Parents and Children
Various other services and programs for moms and dads and children tend to be:
- H.O.P.E. (Healing Our Parental Emptiness help Group) — fulfills 1st Thursday of each and every month at 7:00 p.m. at Crown of Tx Hospice, 1000 Southern Jefferson. Phone 806-372-7696 to learn more.
- Child Car Seat Safety Checks. Phone 806-354-1444 to set up a seat security check.
- The Child Life Program. This system includes structured tasks, one-on-one communications with kids and staff and plenty of crafts and arts. A kid may get becoming a princess for each day or have a great camp-out!
- Pediatric Dietary Guidance. Find out what can be done to encourage your son or daughter to consume healthy meals.
- Pediatric Physical Therapy. Northwest Tx Healthcare's kids' Hospital provides an extensive therapeutic group that actually works together with your child on developmental, neurological or actual delays. Each group includes certified and certified actual, occupational and address practitioners which focus on pediatric evaluation and therapy.
Direct Physicians Plus®
If you'd like a recommendation to a doctor affiliated with Northwest Tx Healthcare System, contact our free Direct medical practioners Plus® recommendation solution at